A chainsaw is an excellent tool to have if you own a yard. There are lots of projects done every day by millions with this small yet powerful tool. A mini chainsaw would make your wood cutting experience a lot easier if you know how and where to use them properly.
1. What is the use of Mini Chainsaw?
- Did you know, you can cut small trees with a mini chainsaw? A small-sized tree that has a smaller diameter is easier to hold and cut by a lightweight chainsaw.
- After felling, Mini Chainsaws are great for pruning limbs of the felled trees. You can also do pruning at a lower height for a standing tree.
- Electric trimmers or hedge clippers are good for cleaning small bushes around your house. But when the branches are thicker in diameter, it gets tricky. One small chainsaw can quickly trim large bushes that can save a lot of time.
- If you are a garden owner, you might have some logs kept in the yard. Mini Chainsaws are perfect for cutting small-sized logs in your yard. Tree fallen unexpectedly can also be cleaned easily by this saw.
- From the start of woodworking history until now, the axe has been used by people of almost every era. But using an axe for a long time causes back pain and aches. Mini chainsaw can improve the woodworking experience by a greater margin. For example, splitting firewood is now a lot more comfortable using a small chainsaw than any traditional tool.
2. Safety Concern and Tips
Chainsaws are a very powerful tool that can outstand anything beneath their blade. That’s why it is a very dangerous tool without any doubt. Domestic users should be careful while using this machine in their homestead. For beginners, a basic easy to use chainsaw is preferable. A small mistake can cause permanent damage to your body or even death. Let’s find out some safety measures while using a chainsaw below:
- For the novice, never use a chainsaw without any training. Contact your seniors who have experience using one, and your seller can also help you out with a small guide.
- You should know how to use a chainsaw properly so that you are well known to all parts of the saw you are using.
- Wear protective equipment like gloves, face-shield, steel toe boots to protect yourself from any kind of injuries.
- It would be wise to use a chainsaw away from flammable objects to ignite with a little spark.
- For an electric chainsaw, always keep the cord extension on your back away from the blade.
- Start your work by cutting a small log to test the chainsaw.
- Always keep the chainsaw below your chest, as sudden kickbacks cannot be controlled.
- For felling large trees, everyone should take special caution to avoid any damage. Professional help is needed in this aspect.
Whatever chainsaw you buy, if not maintained properly, won’t last long. To keep your tool performing for a long time, you have to take care of few things now and then.
- After using, clean the chain properly and keep it apart from the bar.
- After colling down, wipe the body to clean the leftover dust on the engine.
- Always keep your oil reservoir fill and battery fully charged.
- Keep the blade covered to avoid any accidental injuries.
- Please remove the battery pack when not in use and keep it properly.
- Calibrate the tension of the chain. Calibrating the chain tension on the guide plate will give you the best experience. If the chain is too tight on the guides, friction increases and wears the guides. If the chain is too loose on the guide plate, then sometimes the chain will come off during use